Our Shadow Program is an intensive educational program for dog trainers looking to further their knowledge, or those looking to become professional trainers. This program runs for 5 consecutive days and will have limited attendance numbers. Shadow attendees will learn from Steph in lecture, demonstration, and hands-on formats with plenty of opportunity for questions and explanation. This program will also include the ability to observe the trainers, dogs, and day to day running of a behaviour-based facility.
Topics of discussion will include, but are not limited to:
- Foundational Principles of Training
- Safety Protocols, De-escalation Techniques, and Safe Handling Skills
- Building Clear Communication
- Proper Evaluation Strategies of Dogs, Clients, and Yourself
- Creativity in Dog Training and Proper Progressions
- How to Teach and Build Problem Solving Skills in Dogs
- Appropriate Outlets and Genetics
- Trialing and Competing, considering dogsports
- Behaviour Modification, Understanding Significant Behaviours
It is strongly recommended that attendees have a strong basic understanding of dog training and the industry. Attendees may bring their own dog(s) dependent on their travel set up, but will need to discuss this during application. Camping is not available on site. If you are interested in attending, please fill out the application below and we will be in contact.
Dates: Aug 15- Aug 19
Application for the Shadow Program
To apply for a spot in our Shadow Program, please fill out the information below. Thank you!