Trainer Development Program
Our Trainer Development Program is an intensive educational seminar program for dog trainers looking to further their knowledge, or those looking to become professional trainers. This program runs as a 3 or 4 day course and will have limited attendance numbers. Our 3 day program is geared towards trainers with under 1 yr professional experience. The 4 day program is geared towards trainers with over 1 yr experience looking to expand their knowledge and skillsets within the realm of behaviour mod. Program attendees will learn from Steph in lecture, demonstration, and hands-on formats with plenty of opportunity for questions and explanation.
Topics of discussion will include, but are not limited to:
- Foundational Principles of Training
- Safety Protocols, De-escalation Techniques, and Safe Handling Skills
- Building Clear Communication
- Proper Evaluation Strategies of Dogs, Clients, and Yourself
- Creativity in Dog Training and Proper Progressions
- How to Teach and Build Problem Solving Skills in Dogs
- Appropriate Outlets and Genetics
- Trialing and Competing, considering dogsports
- Behaviour Modification, Understanding Significant Behaviours
It is strongly recommended that attendees have a strong basic understanding of dog training and the industry. Attendees may bring their own dog(s) dependent on their travel set up, but will need to discuss this during application. Camping is not available on site. If you are interested in attending, please fill out the application below and we will be in contact.
Dates: Nov 13 - 16
Non refundable deposit required to hold your spot, remainder due 1 week prior to the program
Application for the Program
To apply for a spot in our Trainer Development Program, please fill out the information below. Thank you!